Commercial Fisheries Services
For any proposed or existing project development in the marine environment, the commercial fishing community are a vitally important stakeholder who require specialist focus and attention. MarineSpace are able to provide such specialist support via a range of services related to commercial fisheries. These can be provided to clients who are seeking to develop projects in the marine environment or have existing projects/assets. They can also be provided direct to fishing industry stakeholders.
These services are delivered by an experienced team of consultants with marine fisheries and marine biology backgrounds. Our team also includes individuals with specific, experience of the commercial fishing industry via previous roles in this sector.
Our services include:
- Analysis of official fisheries landings data
- Production of detailed Baseline Fisheries Activity Reports
- Preparation of EIA chapters on Commercial Fisheries and/or Fish & Shellfish Ecology
- Coordination and delivery of detailed fisheries engagement and consultation
- Development of Fisheries Co-Existence and Liaison Plans
- Facilitating fishing gear clearance ahead of major offshore survey works
- Advising on potential disruption payment schemes
- Delivery of Company Fisheries Liaison Officer (CFLO) scopes of work
- Provision of locally based Fisheries Liaison Officers (FLOs) in UK and Ireland
- Provision of Fishing Industry Representatives (FIRs)
- Offshore Survey planning
- Live data acquisition of fishing activity (AIS tracking services)