DeltaStream Tidal Energy Demonstration Project and St David’s Head Commercial Scale Project
Client: Tidal Energy Limited
Summary of work completed
MarineSpace has been providing environmental consultancy support to Tidal Energy Limited (TEL) on the DeltaStream tidal energy demonstration project and the St. David’s Head commercial‐scale project from 2012 to date.
The DeltaStream demonstration project is a fully grid‐connected tidal energy project located in Ramsey Sound, Pembrokeshire, Wales. Consent for the project was granted in 2011 and since 2012, MarineSpace has provided consent compliance support including the following specific activities;
- Production of a project‐specific Decommissioning Plan as required under the Marine Licence and Section 36 consent (for NRW and DECC respectively);
- Production of project‐specific Installation and Commissioning Plans for issue to NRW;
- Production of formal Pre‐Construction Monitoring Report for issue to NRW;
- Production of project‐specific Collision Monitoring and Adaptive Management Plan (CMAMP). This document sets out the approach to marine mammal collision monitoring and wider environmental monitoring during the operational phase of the project;
- Attendance and input at quarterly Environmental Management Committee (EMC) meetings (TEL, NRW, Cefas);
- Update and revisions to existing Marine Licence and EPS consents.
With respect to the St. David’s Head Project, MarineSpace has, and continue to provide GIS support, management of EIA bird and mammal survey work, development of marine survey specifications and general stakeholder management on behalf of TEL for this
potential commercial‐scale project.
- Management of key consents
- Ongoing consent compliance
- Production of key consent documents
- Lead on liaison with NRW and Cefas on marine consenting/science issues
- Development of marine survey specifications
- GIS support